Canoe/Kayak Sprint Junior & U23 World Championships 2013 Welland (CAN)
|Find all information about the Junior & Under-23 canoe/kayak world champs 2013 in Canadian Welland. The top young canoe/kayak racing athletes can expect a spectacular event right next to the Niagara Falls.|
New athlete profile by Canoe Niagara: Anton Regorius
Name: Anton Regorius
Height: 182 cm
Weight: 78 Kg
Club: KC Potsdam
High School: Sportschule Friedrich Ludwig Jahn
1. At what age did you start paddling and how did you become involved in the sport?
I started paddling at the age of 12 years. I become involved in the sport by my trainer.
2. Where and when was your first competition, and how did you do?
My first competition was in Brandenburg/Germany in 2007 and I needed 48 minutes for 2km.
3. What has inspired you to train and compete at an International level?
The target to be the best one day has inspired me to train and compete at an international level.
4. What is your preference - individual or team boats, and why?
My preference is the individual boat, because in my opinion itís easier.
5. What race distance do you prefer, and why?
I prefer the short distances, because of my sprint skills.
6. What has been your biggest accomplishment(s) in the sport?
My biggest accomplishments in sport were some international medals at a competition in Piestany and to get in the final from the Junior and Under 23 Europe Championships.
7. What is the best advice you have been given and who offered it to you?
The best advice Iíve got was from my trainer: Paddle fast!
8. Tell us about your current training schedule. Describe an average day for you.
A normal day starts with two training-units. After training I must go to school 4-6 hours and after school I do training too, mostly two units.
9. What do you do for fun and relaxation?
For fun and relaxation, I read, play computer games, or go outside with friends.
10. Next summer, the Junior and Under 23 World Championships are in Canada, what did you think when you first heard the announcement? Have you been to Canada before?
I thought that I must be there.
11. What would you like to do after your Canoe/Kayak career is over?I donít know
I donít know that exactly, perhaps study something or go to the army.
12. What is your favourite thing about the sport of Canoe/Kayak? Do you have any special memory that you would like to share?
My favorite thing about the sport is the feeling if you had a great goal.
13. What is your goal for the 2013 season?
My goal for the season 2013 is to get a medal at the Junior and Under 23 World Championships.
14. What is your dream goal?
My dream goal is winning the gold medal at the Junior and Under 23 World Championships.
Kontakt / Impressum