Canoe/Kayak Sprint Junior & U23 World Championships 2013 Welland (CAN)
|Find all information about the Junior & Under-23 canoe/kayak world champs 2013 in Canadian Welland. The top young canoe/kayak racing athletes can expect a spectacular event right next to the Niagara Falls.|
New athlete profile by Canoe Niagara: Luka Mujkić
Name: Luka Mujkić
Event: Canoe Niagara, 2013 Junior & U23 Canoe Sprint World Championships
Club: Kayak Canoe Club Matija Ljubek
High School: Sports gymnasium, Zagreb
1. At what age did you start paddling and how did you become involved in the sport?
I have older brother and sister who also trained kayak and they were good at it. So kayak was like a tradition in my family. I started paddling when I was 7 years old.
2. Where and when was your first competition, and how did you do?
My first competition was, I think in Prelog (Croatia), year 2003 . I was third.
3. What has inspired you to train and compete at an International level?
My brother (I already said he was very good) and also my desire for something more in life.
4. What is your preference - individual or team boats, and why?
I donít know answer to this question. Individual was for me always the best, I depended only on myself. When I make a mistake I know who is responsible, but in team boats I give more, I have better results and I feel more confident.
5. What race distance do you prefer, and why?
I prefer 500m and 1000m. I prefer 500m because that is the distance I can give the best of myself. Itís not too short and not too long. I prefer 1000m only because itís longer, you have more time to do it good and because itís an Olympic discipline.
6. What has been your biggest accomplishment(s) in the sport?
6th place in K2 in B final at Junior European Championships last year in Portugal, 1st place in K2 in Brandenburg (GER), 4th place in K2 and 5th place in K1 at Olympic hopes last year in Szeged (HUN).
7. What is the best advice you have been given and who offered it to you?
ďIf you wanna win donít loseĒ, by my coach.
8. Tell us about your current training schedule. Describe an average day for you.
I train everyday after school, and when Iím on holidays I train everyday 2 times a day.
9. What do you do for fun and relaxation?
I go out with my friends, having fun with my family.
10. Next summer, the Junior and Under 23 World Championships are in Canada, what did you think when you first heard the announcement? Have you been to Canada before?
I was excited, that became my biggest wish .. No Iíve never been to Canada before.
11. What would you like to do after your Canoe/Kayak career is over?
Have a job, family, maybe become a coach.
12. What is your favourite thing about the sport of Canoe/Kayak? Do you have any special memory that you would like to share?
My favourite thing about kayak is that I get to travel a lot, and I spend all the time outside.
Kayak is beautiful and I have a lot of good memories.
13. What is your goal for the 2013 season?
Go to Junior World Championships.
14. What is your dream goal?
My dream goal is to go to Olympic Games.
Kontakt / Impressum