Canoe/Kayak Sprint Junior & U23 World Championships 2013 Welland (CAN)
|Find all information about the Junior & Under-23 canoe/kayak world champs 2013 in Canadian Welland. The top young canoe/kayak racing athletes can expect a spectacular event right next to the Niagara Falls.|
New athlete profile by Canoe Niagara: Anastasiia Snopkova
Name: Anastasiia Snopkova
Age: 15 (1997)
Height: 164" cm
Weight: 60 lbs
Club: Sports school of water sports
High School: Maevskaya high school № 1, 9class
At what age did you start paddling and how did you become involved in the sport?
I began paddling when I was 11 years old. My big brother was a paddler and that is why I started.
2. Where and when was your first competition, and how did you do?
My first competition was in 2011, in a native city. I finished in 2nd place
3. What has inspired you to train and compete at an International level?
I wanted to prove myself and see the world.
4. What is your preference - individual or team boats, and why?
I enjoy both types of races, but in individual - the result of a race depends only on yourself.
5. What race distance do you prefer, and why?
I prefer the 200 and 500 meter races because unlike long distance races - is it all about speed.
6. What has been your biggest accomplishment(s) in the sport?
I am the winner of the international competitions «Friendship 2011 and 2012» that took place in our country. At the International competitions among schoolboys in Kazakhstan last year I finished 3rd place in the К1-200м
7. What is the best advice you have been given and who offered it to you?
The best advice I have received was given to me by my grandmother - when she suggested that I become engaged in padding.
8. Tell us about your current training schedule. Describe an average day for you.
In the morning I go to school for the day. After dinner I train, and work on my homework for school in the evenings.
9. What do you do for fun and relaxation?
I am fond of photography, I love music, and in the winter - mountain skiing.
10. Next summer, the Junior and Under 23 World Championships are in Canada, what did you think when you first heard the announcement? Have you been to Canada before?
If it all works out I will be excited to take part in the championships. I was very glad to hear the announcement - this will be my first time in Canada.
11. What would you like to do after your Canoe/Kayak career is over?
To become a coach and teach children about all of the skills that my coach has taught me.
12. What is your favourite thing about the sport of Canoe/Kayak? Do you have any special memory that you would like to share?
I like the sun, sea and wave air. No specific memories, just a lot of my small victories.
13. What is your goal for the 2013 season?
To become the prize-winner of the Championship of Asia 2013 in Uzbekistan
14. What is your dream goal?
That in our country canoe-kayak sprint will be further developed.
Kontakt / Impressum